Mosaic, Boldurești

Sign in to check in

A Soviet-era mosaic in the commune of Boldurești, Nisporeni district — a village in the hilly Codru country, first attested in 1426 under the name Păduceni and later named after the boyar Boldur, a dignitary at the court of Stephen the Great. It belongs to the wave of monumental mosaics produced in the villages of the Moldavian SSR in the 1960s–1980s on public façades — houses of culture, schools, shops, bus shelters. Beyond that the work is undescribed: the „Mosaics of Moldova” inventory lists it as surviving, but the placemark records neither the building type, nor the author, nor the year, nor the subject — only the photographer's name (Liuba Cerchez) is preserved. No freely-licensed photograph of the panel could be found, and no public source describes its composition, so for now it is only attested, not visually documented.

Neighborhood
Boldurești, r. Nisporeni